Here are a few Techniconica terms you may encounter:
- Accuracy (AC): Pilots have an Accuracy rating which determines their ability to track targets and to engage those targets effectively.
- Actice Player: The active player is the person who owns the Mechs which are currently acting.
- Aim: Players may elect for their pilots to take extra time to aim with their weapons, increasing the chances of causing more damage.
- Armour (AR): Defines how much actual armour is put on the part, as well the coverage of said armour.
- Charge: Mechs equipped with powerful melee weapons may elect to charge the enemy rather than opening fire with their weapons.
- Damage Output (DO): Once a weapon has penetrated the enemy Mech, Damage Output (DO) is a measurement of how much damage that the weapon will do.
- Damage Threshold (DT): Certain Parts are relatively fragile and can only take a few hits before becoming useless – whilst others feature backup redundant systems and can survive a few more hits. The more Damage Threshold has, the more punishment it can take.
- Low Power Mode: If a Mech is in Low Power mode, then they simply do not have enough power to supply all their power needs – this typically means that they have 1 working Power Plant, but have power needs in excess of the output of that Mech's remaining functional power plant.
- Maximum Weight (MW): Locomotors have a Maximum Weight (MW) rating which is the maximum amount of Weight (W) that it can carry without becoming overloaded.
- Penetration (PE): Weapons have different amounts of armour penetration ability – some will merely glance off the thickest armour whilst others weapons are designed to defeat the thickest armour.
- Power Consumption (PC): Parts usually require power to operate, and the strain on the power systems is represented by the Power Consumption (PC) of the Part.
- Power Output (PO): Power Plants have different power output levels, and this is a measurement of that.
- Re-Rolls (RR): Some pilots are just lucky, ordained or are simply being watched over by a guardian spirit or angel – re-rolls allow for certain fluky or lucky pilots to win against superior odds through the manipulation of lady luck alone.
- Weight (WE): Some parts are heavier than others – Weight (WE) is a simplified measurement of that weight.
- Callixis: One of the Big Eight Districts. See article here for more information.
- Cockpit: Cockpits are sealed (or sometimes unsealed), armoured units which house the pilot(s), providing them with a set of controls with which to control the various systems on board the Mech, from life support, oxygen generation, power distribution, target acquisition and weapon targeting.
- District: Districts are massive city-sized constructions made from reinforced armourplas, backed up by giga-watt power field generators which project a protective dome around the District, allowing it to withstand direct attack.
- Farran: One of the Big Eight Districts. See article here for more information.
- Frandor: One of the Big Eight Districts. See article here for more information.
- Hooorain: One of the Big Eight Districts. See article here for more information.
- Locomotor: Locomotors are the means for a Mech to traverse the terrain and may take the form of armoured wheels, track units or legged propulsion units.
- Mech: Mechs are robotic fighting machines crewed by a Pilot.
- Mech Assembler: These are large constructions designed to make construction of a Mech much easier. They typically include diagnostic centres, heavy workload cranes and automated routines for the installation of support systems.
- Oran: One of the Big Eight Districts. See article here for more information.
- Pilot: Mech Pilots come from a variety of different backgrounds, although the majority are “home grown” pilots, who have learned their trade through mercenary work, although lately, a growing number have transitioned from military service into full time mercenary work.
- Power Plant: Power plants take various forms, from small fission reactors to conventional fuel guzzling internal combustion engines. They supply electrical energy to the Mech.
- Prain: One of the Big Eight Districts. See article here for more information.
- Raglor: One of the Big Eight Districts. See article here for more information.
- Sheran: One of the Big Eight Districts. See article here for more information.
- The Big Eight: The Big Eight refers to the eight biggest Districts, namely: Raglor, Sharan, Callixis, Frandor, Hooorain, Oran & Prain.
- The Inspectorate: An organisation that was tasked with assessing the tithes to be paid by the populace of Techniconica. They now collect the tithes and taxes for the District that they work for, rather than the central Raglorian government.
- UAJ: See Universal Articulated Joints.
- Universal Articulated Joints: This miracle technology led to the development of the Mech as we know it today. Rather than each individual component having propriety interface ports, the UAJ was the only modern method of standardising component interfaces, allowing Mech Assemblers to literally plug new components onto a Mech and have the UAJ look after interfacing the disparate parts of the Mech. This allowed parts constructed by one manufacturer to work with parts from another through a standard plug and play technology.