We have just released the 4th wave of Techniconica cards, so why not have a look at them below?.
Tips & Tacticas: Choosing Pilots
Pilots are an important part of your Mechs - they are the gutsy guys and gals whom pilot your Mechs in battle and their experience, abilities and skills are represented by Pilot cards.
Pilot's have 4 stats to consider when choosing which ones to field in your Mechs and these stats are:
- Accuracy (AC)
- Re-Rolls (RR)
- Bottle Test (BT)
- Fortitude (FO)
We have discussed Pilot Morale in a different article, found here - the purpose of this tip and tactica article are to focus on Accuracy & Re-Rolls.
Accuracy is the measure of how skilled your pilot is at getting accurate fire on the enemy and how good they are at placing themselves to get the optimum shot. It also reflects their coolness in battle - anyone can learn to fire a Mechs' weaponry accurately, but only the very best can do so when the bullets actually start to fly!
Accuracy ranges from 1 to 10 and you'll certainly want a Pilot with a high Accuracy to improve your chances of getting good solid hits on the enemy. Remember that Accuracy is counter-acted by the enemy Locomotor speed, so you'll want to aim for an Accuracy that is higher than your typicaly opponent's Speed.
Re-Rolls typically counter-balance with Accuracy - a pilot with a higher Accuracy will typically have a lower Re-Roll than one with a lower Accuracy. Re-Rolls are just that though - they represent the raw luck of the individual, karma or destiny of the Pilot and they allow you to re-roll the dice when making Evasion rolls, Attack rolls or Bottle tests.
When to use your Re-Rolls is an article unto itself and will have to wait for another day, but suffice to say, Re-Rolls are definitely useful to have up your sleeve!
Pilot Special Rules
A few key Special Rules to look out for are given below:
- Anti-Mech Specialist: These Pilots are trained to look for weak points on the enemy Mech. When they hit, they deal an extra point of Damage which can, over the course of a battle, add up!
- Courageous: Courageous Pilots re-roll failed Bottle Tests, ensuring that they stick around longer in the fight after being attacked.
- Fearless: Fearless Pilots are a step up from Courageous pilots in that they pass all Bottle Tests, they are truly fearless!
- Lucky: Pilots whom have the Lucky special rule are simply that - hey are exceedingly lucky and get a free Re-Roll every turn to do as they wish with! Always useful to have!
- Orator: Pilots who are Orators are only useful in battles involving multiple Mechs where this ability really comes into it's own. They allow another Pilot on the same team to re-roll a failed Bottle Test, once per game, basically giving them the "Courageous" special rule for a single Bottle Test.
Article Tags: Tips & Tacticas
Some Other Blog Posts
Power Plants are important for any Mech, as they provide power for the various parts and without them, your Mech is completely useless!Plants themselves are typically heavy items (usually with a Weight of 2 or more) and they vary from Armour 3 to 6 (for the Trinity Power Plant) so have fairly average Armour across the board.