We have added a second stat for weaponry - Penetration (PE).
General Tips and Tricks
Here is our list of recommendations for starting players:
- Consider your strategy based on what your opponent has brought to the table - have they left you a potential weak spot you can exploit? Learn to evaluate your enemies and target the weakest cards first.
- Build some redundancy into your Mech - include a second power generator if you have the weight spare and add an additional weapon if at all possible to serve as a back up.
- If your having trouble hitting your enemy, target the enemies locomotor. This isn't a game winning move in of itself but will make it easier to target the Mech other parts as you don't have to get over their Speed with Accuracy (AC).
- Better pilots with higher Accuracy stats mean it becomes easier to hit your opponent - consider using the best pilots you have!
- Consider giving your Mech some additional armour and shields. This will increase the resilience of your more vulnerable Mech parts.
- Consider the cards you have and trade for better parts or those that would make your Mech(s) stronger.
- Comparing point for point is only one way to gauge a part's usefulness, also consider any special rules attached to the card like Regenerative.
- Test your Mech builds with friends and see which tactics work best for you!
- For multi-Mech games, consider the balance between your Mechs - are they all identical (and your opponent learning how to knock one out effectively can cripple your squad in short order!) or do you go for differing "power" levels with one Mech clearly far stronger than the rest?
- Consider mixing it up a little by altering the weapon load outs, locomotors from time to time - this will give you the chance to try out different parts as and when you acquire them.
Some Other Blog Posts
We're about to release 4 new weapon cards for your Mechs which are all one-use missiles which are:Seeker MissileBombardier MissileMech Carried Tactical NukeDoomsday MissileLimited UsesMissiles, as their name implies, are carried large munitions intended to be used and expelled on the enemy, and as such, are one-use items - if you hit, your going to d